About Kailash Tour:
Mount Kailash Tour is famous for pilgrimage peoples as well as for nature lover and for adventure seekers. Mount Kailash and Holy Lake Mansarovar is situated at secrete land of Tibet. Kailash Manasarovar overland Tour is most visited as pilgrimage tour in every year. Kailash Tour by Helicopteris another way to make short and comfortable tour to Kailash via beautiful hill station Simikot of Nepal. Lhasa Kailash Touris again another option to have both experience of Historical cities of Tibet and Mount Kailash Manasarovar.
Touch Kailash Travels and Tour is based on Kathmandu Nepal leading with thousands of pilgrims and foreigners to travel Holy Mount Kailashevery year. Our tour dates start from April till October. Our professional team and reliable quality service is always devoted to make your Kailash Tour unforgettable and memorable.
Mt.Kailash Kora is 52km long, usually takes three days to complete. Altitude ranges from 4675m at Darchen, the starting point to 5630m at Drolma-la, the highest point of the kora. The kora is made in a clockwise direction by Hindus and Buddhists but counterclockwise by followers of the Jain and Bön religions.
Things you must know:
- Mansarovar is not the only lake at the foot of Mount Kailash – its twin lake Rakshas Tal (demon’s lake) is also alongside the former lake. This goes hand in hand with Hindu belief that good-bad, darkness-light, positive energy-negative energy etc. are followed by one another and exist together in the cosmic maya weave. Not only is Rakshas Tal the symbolic antithesis of Mansarovar but it is also its physical opposite – its circumference characterized by unnavigable marshes and difficult/jagged edges. Lake Mansarovar is freshwater while Rakshas Tal is saline.
- Further up north from Kailash Mansarovar lies the Gauri Kunda – associated with goddess Parvati. This lake is believed to be the spot where Parvati bathed often and also gave life to Ganesha in a cave nearby.
- Many believe the twin lakes Mansarovar-Rakshastal to be the remains of the ancient Tethys Sea – that was present before the Indian Subcontinent collided with the Tibetan plateau.
- Kailash and Mansarovar nearby each other.
- Buddhists believe Maya bathed in Mansarovar before giving birth to Siddhartha.
- May-October is the best time for Kailash Tour. Temperature varies from -5 degree centigrades in night to 30 degrees in day. It is very windy in the region.You need to be physically very fit to undertake this journey. It is recommended you cut down on alcohol and cigarette prior to the tour.
- Mount Kailash has not been conquered till date. It is believed whoever attempts to climb atop will meet ill fate and only a person free of all sins can complete the ordeal.
- Yama Dwar or gateway to Yamalokam – where Yama, the god of death, resides is the starting point of Mount Kailash circumambulation.
- Hindus and Buddhists go around Mount Kailash in a clockwise direction while Jains and Bons go around in counter- clockwise direction.
- The base of Mount Kailash is believed to be surrounded by 8 smaller mountains – just like lotus petals surround its flower core. These small hillocks are known as ‘Astapad’ or eight steps and are sacred sites.